Hi there! Welcome to my blog! If you are new here, I am Tori, a mindset and transformation coach who was sick of living her life working for someone else, spending her days filled to the brim with anxiety. Now I help other people (specifically women) transform their lives and step into the fullest version of themselves!
Today I am going to be walking you through 7 ways that you can bring more happiness into your life. These are some of the things that I do to attract happiness into my life. I fully believe in the saying, what you focus on, expands. The same is true for the happiness in your life.
So here are the 7 ways to attract more happiness in your life:
- Say NO to things that don’t make you happy. Seems simple enough right? I am a recovering people pleaser and it has been the hardest for me to say no to people who don’t make me happy, or just straight up bring down my vibe. I have found that a lot of the people who bring down my vibe are family and it can be especially hard to say no to them.
- Take time for yourself. I know personally as a mother, that I used to have such a difficult time to take any time for myself. As women our whole lives we are targeted and marketed to that a bath is self care when really its basic hygiene. You NEED to do something for yourself. I started taking saxophone lessons. (I am REALLY bad, seriously, check out my instagram stories, I always post updates) but I wanted something in my life that would give me not only time away from my house, kids and husband but also time where I get to just be me and explore a passion that I have had since I was a child.
- Take a break from social media. (Or at least be more mindful about it). I recently deleted the time suck social media apps from my phone, Twitter, FaceBook and TikTok. While I do enjoy creating on these apps, I find it difficult to not mindlessly scroll constantly throughout the day. I would also stumble upon unnecessary drama and A LOT of politics and I like to keep things light because I am a highly sensitive person.
- Take care of yourself. No like really take care of yourself. Take your vitamins, move your body in some way everyday. Put sun screen on your skin. Wash your face. Exfoliate. Put on some make up. Do those little extra things throughout your day make you feel like “Wow, I feel so pampered and luxurious in my routine, I should do this everyday.” but then actually find some way to incorporate some of those things in everyday.
- Indulge yourself. Whether it be some silky pajamas and your favorite body oil, your favorite expensive comfort food from the place down the street, don’t be afraid to enjoy (and occasionally) splurge on things that are going to give your mood an instant boost
- Find the joy in the little things. If you are someone who constantly focuses on the negative things in life, that is all that you are going to see (I’m calling you out 2016 Tori). But what would happen if you took all that time that you spend focusing on the negative in situations and focused on the silver lining of the situations. Spoiler alert: Your life would look a whole lot different. 😉 My homework for you is to try to find one upside in every negative (or previously negative) thought or situation you have.
- Affirmations. I used to be a BIG hater of affirmations. Why would I want to repeat things over and over again to myself? Well you KNOW I am about to tell you. I started using this app called I am (here is the link for that) and it would send me reminders of my affirmations. I would just swipe to clear it and ended up reading the affirmations each time and I actually started changing my outlook on life.
Tell me in the comments which one of these ways resonated with you most, and are you going to incorporate any of these into your daily life?