Hello you beautiful aspiring entrepreneur, or maybe you have been an entrepreneur for awhile and just don’t have a website yet. Today I am going to show you how to build a website for under $200. Yep, you heard me. You can get your online presence kick-started for $200.
If you are new here, welcome! My name is Tori and I am an online Mindset and Business Coach. I help women un-fuck their mindset and show up online so that they can run a successful business. I realized after running my business for a few years and barely making any headway that there was a piece missing. I was making sales, but not consistently and I would stress myself out wondering where the next client was coming from. On paper, it looked like I was doing all the right things but I was chasing the clients away with my negative ass energy. So I took a year off of business to really figure out who I was and what I wanted to be doing with my life. I made mastering my mindset my first priority and things just started clicking for me. Now I help other women do the same.
Okay let’s dive in.
1. Domain and website hosting. A domain name is the website where people go to find your website, for example toriberg.com. Hosting is the space where your domain and your website will live and where you will build your website. For some of my websites I use GoDaddy, and a few others, I use Bluehost. You can get hosting through Bluehost here. Total after domain and hosting: $48
Okay, so now that you have gotten your domain and hosting, how do you get WordPress installed?!
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel.
- Find the Website section and select Install WordPress.
- Click Install.
- Choose the domain name to install it to.
- Select the Install Now button.
2. A theme. Use Divi theme. I am not just telling you this because I get a commission. I am telling you this because it is the easiest god damn way to build a website. You can purchase Divi for $89/year or $260 lifetime. It comes with pre-made websites in the library that you can just swap out text and images. Take a look at Divi By Clicking here.
Okay, so you installed WordPress, purchased your theme and now you need to add it to your website and start designing. You want to go into your dashboard under Appearance and go to Themes. Click Add New, then you will be prompted to upload your theme. So grab the file from your computer and put it in here.
Once you have gone through all of these steps, you will want to Activate the theme and then you will be able to start building. You will also want to imput your username and API key under your DIVI settings so that you can have access to the global library and website templates, to help take some of the time off designing from scratch.
3. Images. Next you need some images for your website. You can google search free stock photos, but a great site I recommend with high quality photos is Pexels. They have great options for entrepreneurs and all kinds of business owners and they do have some videos as well. Pexels also tells you whenever you open an image if they are 100% free to use or if you have to give credit back to the photographer which takes A LOT of guesswork out of getting images for your website.
4. Copy for your website. You need to write that shit out boo. Divi is really helpful, because when you build a page and use a template, it comes pre-made. So you can have a rough outline of what to put in the boxes on your website. Below is an image of a pre-made layout with Divi, you can see that they have a bit of an outline to the text that is on there so that you aren’t struggling to figure out what to write on your website. Another great resource is This blog post by BluChic on the do’s and don’t of DIYing your website copy.
Once you get the hang of building websites, it is actually quite easy! If you built your own website, let me know in the comments so I can go check it out! I would also LOVE to have you in my free online community Biz + Mindset Maven Society.